VISA: If you need a visa to travel to Switzerland, we can provide you with the invitation letter you will need to request a visa at the local Swiss embassy or consulate. Note that obtaining a visa can take up to two months. Please send to email@example.com the following information necessary to prepare the invitation.
Please do not make your request at the last minute since it may take us a few days to process it due to high demand.
- Full first Name and Surname (as written in the passport)
- Title (Mr Mrs Ms Dr Prof or other)
- CECAM Workshop/Tutorial name and dates
- Date of birth dd/mm/year Town and Country of birth
- Passport Nr. (Country of passport if different from birth)
- Full name and address of your affiliation
- Email or fax N° of local Swiss Embassy or consulate to send copy of the invitation letter: (not always needed)
Travel to Lausanne
Lausanne from the Geneva/Cointrin International Airport (GVA)
Lausanne is 60km away from the airport. The Geneva CFF Airport railway station has direct access to the airport check-in and arrival levels and there are direct rail links to Lausanne. The single fare is about 27CHF (app. 25€)
Check online the timetable to/from Geneva airport – Lausanne:
EPFL from Lausanne CFF railway station
The metro is very close to the Lausanne train station, across the main exit.
- Take the metro M2 towards Croisettes and then exit at “Lausanne Flon” (the first stop after “Lausanne Gare”).
- From ‘Lausanne Flon’, take the metro M1 towards ‘Renens CFF’ and exit at stop ‘EPFL’
EPFL from Renens CFF railway station
You may choose to stop at Renens CFF station. From there, take the metro towards ‘Lausanne Flon’ and exit at stop ‘ EPFL’
Metro M1: Timetable