VISA: If you need a visa to travel to Switzerland, we can provide you with the invitation letter you will need to request a visa at the local Swiss embassy or consulate. Note that obtaining a visa can take up to two months. Please send to email@example.com the following information necessary to prepare the invitation.
Please do not make your request at the last minute since it may take us a few days to process it due to high demand.
- Full first Name and Surname (as written in the passport)
- Title (Mr Mrs Ms Dr Prof or other)
- CECAM Workshop/Tutorial name and dates
- Date of birth dd/mm/year Town and Country of birth
- Passport Nr. (Country of passport if different from birth)
- Full name and address of your affiliation
- Email or fax N° of local Swiss Embassy or consulate to send copy of the invitation letter: (not always needed)
Travel to Lausanne
Lausanne from the Geneva/Cointrin International Airport (GVA)
Lausanne is 60km away from the airport. The Geneva CFF Airport railway station has direct access to the airport check-in and arrival levels and there are direct rail links to Lausanne. The single fare is about 27CHF (app. 25€)
Check online the timetable to/from Geneva airport – Lausanne:
EPFL from Lausanne CFF railway station
The metro is very close to the Lausanne train station, across the main exit.
- Take the metro M2 towards Croisettes and then exit at “Lausanne Flon” (the first stop after “Lausanne Gare”).
- From ‘Lausanne Flon’, take the metro M1 towards ‘Renens CFF’ and exit at stop ‘EPFL’
Metro M1 : Timetable
Metro M2 : Timetable
EPFL from Renens CFF railway station
You may choose to stop at Renens CFF station. From there, take the metro towards ‘Lausanne Flon’ and exit at stop ‘ EPFL’
Metro M1: Timetable